6.25.2006

Support Lesbian Art

Over the years I have noticed that there are a lot of poorly made lesbian movies. They were either low budget or portrayed us as drug addicts, psychopaths, or just plain sick. I did not mind so much that the movie was low budget. I did mind that there seemed to be more movies that showed us all in a negative light. I decided to watch as many lesbian movies as possible and report those that are true but negative, and those that are scary even to those of us living the life style.

When I first came out of the closet I was exposed to very few lesbian movies, but at least my first was positive or so I thought. “Desert Hearts” was my very first lesbian movie. I felt a part of me explode with this new excitement of just how beautiful women are and fully accepted my love and feelings for women and their beauty within.
Below you will find each movie I have watched and rank them Best to Worst for your viewing pleasure. I hope you support the lesbian arts, because we support you too.

The Best:





The Worst:



There was not a photo avalible for "Butterfly Kisses" but this was the worst portrail of lesbian love I have ever witnessed!

I am sure that there are a lot more out there, but these were the main titles that were found through BlockBuster. If you have any suggestions or comments please feel free to post them here. Happy viewing.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kim! Yes I agree that most of the lesbian oriented movies have
sucked - I quit watching most of them. Haven't seen Imagine Me and You yet.

I did like Boys Don't Cry though. Lesbian novels are also terrible!

KK

5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree with KK that Boys dont cry is a good film. I guess the reason i like it is because it is a true story and it puts things into perspective for others to see REALLY what the world is like. I have seen most of the ones that you have up there and i have to agree on the best and worst except for the one i mentioned above. Hopefully they will start making some that are better than contribute to the worst pile..

Crack

3:52 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

love u

6:22 PM  
Blogger darksmiles said...

Hey you - Let's all get together and make our own Movie!!! hahaha. How are you doing? I miss ya! P.S. My random thoughts are back. much love. *sweets*

11:23 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Lesbian and homosexual movies made in the US have to face the pressure of the so called Moral Right

these guys are a majority in the US and they were even able to get dat moron BUSH elected for a second term

hence dont expect to see Lesbians portrayed as anyting other than perverts

if u want real true to life movies see FIRE and WATER 2 movies made in India without an eye on the box office

these are low budget niche movies for discerning viewers

5:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home